Job Title: Executive Officer/ Clerk to Binsted (Hampshire) Parish Council
Part time: 25 hours per week
Salary range: £15.9-£22.8K (£23.5-£33.7K Full Time Equivalent), depending on qualifications and experience.
We are looking for a Parish Clerk to deliver high quality services to the residents of Binsted parish, on the retirement of our present Clerk. Binsted parish covers a large rural area, with around 2,000 residents and nine parish councillors. It is set within two local authorities (East Hampshire District Council and South Downs National Park) and has two pubs, two churches and two schools.
Role and Responsibilities
The Parish Clerk has overall responsibility for managing the operations of the parish council and its facilities. As the ‘Proper Officer’ of the council, the Clerk has responsibility for its financial and administrative affairs, including the custody of council documents and records. The role is currently supported by a part time Responsible Financial Officer / Deputy Parish Clerk.
- The post of Clerk requires candidates to have proven experience in administration, delivery and communication, a good understanding of local government and strong IT skills.
- You will hold the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA), be working towards it, or be willing to work towards it.
- You must also be a good team player who is able to work independently and effectively, and to manage a diverse and, at times, complex range of work.
Hours and Salary
- The role is 25 hours per week, to be worked flexibly, including two or three evening meetings per month.
- It will involve a mix of home working and working from the council office in Binsted.
- We are offering 25 days holiday per year (pro rata) and enrolment into the National Employment
- Savings Trust (NEST) defined contribution workplace pension scheme.
- Binsted Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to work for a proactive and vibrant council.
Closing date & application details:
For an informal discussion about the role, you’re welcome to contact the Clerk on 07483 310 631.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: 22 March 2021
Interview dates: Week commencing 29 March 2021.